Diarrhea is a condition in which patient has three or more watery bowel movement in a day. There are diverse causes of diarrhea. In diarrhea, essential minerals and water loss from the body can cause death if not treated properly. Foremost thing to do in it is to maintain body mineral fluid level. It can occur because of infection or as a symptom of any other disease.
Home remedies for diarrhea have been in use from ages and provide good remedy. Some home remedies are given below that can provide instant relieve from these unwanted bowel movements.
Cinnamon has extensively been studied nowadays because of its positive impact on body and its disease treating ability. Cinnamon can be used to treat diarrhea.
- Mix 1 table spoon of cinnamon with same quantity of sugar.
- Add this mixture to hot water.
- Cool it and drink.
Slippery elm is known to produce beneficial effects in treating diarrhea.
- Take slippery elm and put in boiling water.
- Leave it for few minutes then strain and drink it.
- Take 3cups daily or as recommended.
Agrimony tea can be used to treat diarrhea more efficiently.
- · Make tea of this herb with hot water
- · Drink it two to three times daily
Chamomile can reduce inflammation and thus treats diarrhea very efficiently. It can be used in different ways to get relieve.
- Add it in your black tea to have good results
- Make separate tea by adding 1 table spoon of its flower in hot water and also add 1 table spoon peppermint in this tea to get fast effectiveness.
Fenugreek seeds are known to have many medicinal properties. They can be used to treat diarrhea in adults.
- Take half table spoon of fenugreek seeds and mix them in water.
- Drink it and get cured from diarrhea.
Psyllium Seed has positive effects on bowel movement and they are used to treat digestive related problems. It is helpful for treating diarrhea of diverse originations. These seeds can be used by following ways
- Ground seeds and drink them with glass of water.
- It can be added with food you eat.
- Sink them in water for 4-6 hours before eating if you don’t want to grind them.
Fruits and Vegetables
Eating apple has many benefits. If you take apple with its skin, it can also help to treat diarrhea.
Blueberries are antioxidants and they also have antibacterial activities. These properties make them highly effectual to be used in diarrhea. It is known that in Sweden, doctors tell to have dried blueberry soup to cure digestive problems.
Oranges are good source of vitamin C. Their peel is of great importance when it comes to cure diarrhea. Take organic orange peel and boil it with water. Drink it directly or sweeten it if you like. It will help to cure diarrhea.
Mango is good to treat diarrhea. Having mango juice with one teaspoon of ginger can be beneficial for treating diarrhea.
Ginger is very effectual for the treatment of diarrhea. Using ginger reduces gas and spasm and helps to get relieve from diarrhea.