Asthma is a respiration problem which affects its victim’s proper breathing system. Asthma occurs because of allergy, pollution, infection etc. Asthma also can be a reason of stress and anxiety. It varies from person to person and also it can be acute or chronic.
Asthma is now becoming common with time due to excessive pollution spreading throughout the globe. In these cases asthma victims should take important steps to avoid asthma attacks. Here are some home remedies that can help asthma victims cope up with their respiratory problems.
Gingko biloba provides somehow relieve to patients from asthma. It gives ease from wheezing which can be irritating for asthma patients.
- Take 1 teaspoon of dried gingko biloba.
- Add it in boiling water for few minutes. Strain and drink it.
- Bit of honey can be added for sweetness.
- Do not use before consulting herbalist.
Aniseed is a perfect herb for treating respiratory problems like asthma. Being anti-bacterial in nature makes it clear up mucous which blocks air passage and provides ease to its user.
- Take aniseed in form of herbal tea is very helpful for treating asthma.
- Recommendation from herbalist before usage.
Licorice root is also one of herbs which are used to treat asthma related problems. Being anti-inflammatory in nature makes it to ease asthma related pains.
- Take licorice root 1 or 2 teaspoon and add in boiling water.
- Leave it for few minutes. Strain and drink it.
- Take as recommended.
Lobelia is another useful herb that treat asthma but it is also toxic in nature which makes it highly dangerous if use without any supervision of herbalist.
- Take it in form of herbal tea for curing asthma.
- Use as recommended.
Mustard oil can help in treating asthma symptoms with ease and provides with soothing and calming effects.
- Take mustard oil and mix it well with camphor.
- Massage with gentle hands on back.
- Repeat this method many times in a day for complete relieve.
Thyme is one of many herbs which are very effective for respiratory problems. Asthma related problems can also be treated with the help of this herb. Being anti-bacterial in nature makes it fight bacteria which are the reason of infection. It also cleans lungs for healthy respiratory system.
- Thyme is best used in form of tea.
- Also thyme oil is used to treat various respiratory problems.
Fruits and vegetables
Lemon usage in asthma treatment is helpful. Vitamin C deficiency is found in asthma victims and lemon fulfills its deficiency as it is rich with it. It is also anti-oxidant in nature which helps it fighting asthma symptoms.
Figs can be used to treat asthma related symptoms as well. Figs make respiration process better and aid respiration related problems.
Onions help clearing blockage of airways and let asthma victims breathe properly. Being anti-inflammatory in nature reduces inflammation in lungs because of the presence of sulfur.
In treatment of asthma, garlic can be used. It helps cleaning lungs and provides healthy respiration.
Ginger usage is wide because of its disease fighting abilities. For treating asthma and its related problems ginger is useful. Ginger removes toxicity from lungs and makes them work properly.