Acne is a very common problem that is faced by most of the teenagers in their early teens. This condition is caused due to hormonal changes is the body at the time of puberty. In many individuals, acne problem resolves as the age progresses – but in many it requires treatment. Acne is the condition in which pimples or zits developed at face, neck and chest regions.
Home Treatment for Acne
Home remedies are used because they are healthy and has no side effects. Herbs, fruits or vegetables used in treatment of diseases works slowly but effectively. Some home remedies are given below that can help in treating acne easily. Medicines may worse acne but home remedies cure it safely and without harming body.
Herbal Treatment for Acne
Best way to treat acne is from Aloe Vera. From many decades it has been used to treat acne and its related problems. Its gel removes pimples which are the source of skin irritation and heals acne affected skin in matter of time.
- Take fresh piece of aloe vera and removes it cover.
- Take its gel and directly apply it on acne area and leave it for few minutes.
- Wash it with water and leave it to dry naturally.
- Don’t use towel or any cloth to dry acne affected area.
- Also don’t use soap for washing face for good result. Use soap after half an hour if necessary.
Dandelion root removes all bacteria from the skin and also removes toxicity by cleaning them out and leaving acne free skin behind. It is the best source of Vitamin A, B, C and D and zinc, which helps in making skin spotless.
- For treating acne, make Dandelion root tea.
- Take roots of Dandelion and put it in a cup.
- Pour warm water on roots and cover it for few minutes.
- Then strain water, reheat it and drink it.
Like other herbs, basil is also used to treat acne. It fights symptoms of acne and gives relieve from the irritation caused by it.
- Take dried basil leaves.
- Put it in boiling water. Water should be enough only to make leaves wet. Do not take too much water.
- Leave the leaves in water for 20 minutes.
- Let it cool down. Then apply this water on acne area.
Like Dandelion, Burdock is also used to remove toxicity from the skin, kill bacteria and reduce excessive hormones which become reason of acne.
- Take dried roots of Burdock 1 table spoon and add it in 2 cup of warm water.
- Leave it 20 minutes and then you may used it as tea or face wash.
- In terms of face wash using, apply it with clean soft cloth on acne area for few minutes then wash it with cool water.
Fruits and vegetables for Acne Treatment
Lemon removes dead cells from the skin. Also being anti-inflammatory in nature, it is effective against bacteria and irritation.
Apricot is a perfect acne fighter. The presence of Vitamin A prevents oil from appearing on skin and decreases the chances of acne.
Beet is known for cleaning blood which helps in removal of acne. Usage of beet gives acne free and fresh skin.
Grapes kill bacteria and give smooth and clean skin. It is one effective acne killer.
[dropshadowbox align="none" effect="horizontal-curve-bottom" width="" height="" background_color="#ffffff" border_width="1" border_color="#dddddd" ]
Causes of Acne:
Mainly, acne is caused due to increase androgen amount in blood but it can occur because of other reasons.This hormone increases sebum production from skin which is perfect for bacterial growth. Acne can also be genetic.