Constipation is a very common problem which is found in all groups of ages. In constipation, the process of stool passing becomes affected. Stool becomes stiff and it is hard to defecate.
Home treatment for constipation
Home treatments are far more effective and health friendly then all synthetically made treatments. Because of their health benefits, centuries have passed but still people prefer herbal treatment.
Natural components that help in treating constipation and its related problems are given here to help you cure your constipation easily and effectively.
The most effective and instant reliever from constipation is Psyllium which is also known as Ispagol or Ispaghula. This herb is in use for treating constipation since ages. It has no side effects which makes it healthy as well. With constipation, it also cures inflammation which makes it very effective.
- Take 1 tb. Spoon husk of psyllium seed and half glass of water, warm milk or juice.
- Add husk into the glass and stir it well.
- Drink quickly. Take it till you get relieve from constipation.
- Take before going to bed for more effective result.
This herb is used for treating many health related problems and it is also effective for fighting constipation. It is a natural laxative, which makes it perfect remedy against constipation.
- Chickweed can be taken as tea; it will help in relieving constipation.
- You can also take it in form of salad. Add it in daily salad you take.
- Take on daily basis for best and satisfying results.
Aloe Vera is in use from centuries for the beneficial properties provided by it. Aloe vera not only makes your skin and acne better but it also helps in relieving constipation. If Aloe vera gel is not available then take aloe juice to lighten up constipation.
- Take Aloe Vera, remove its upper skin.
- Eat 2 table spoon of its gel.
- Take 1 cup of aloe juice once in a day.
- If you are taking aloe gel then do not to take more than 2 table spoon because it is more concentrated than juice.
Yellow dock root
Yellow dock is one of the most beneficial herbs for treating constipation. It has been in use from past decades. It makes digestive system better which prevents constipation. Also it improves bowel movement which makes defecation easy and painless.
- Take its roots and place them in a cup or glass.
- Pour warm water over the roots and leave it for half hour.
- Take only water from glass or cup through straining.
- Heat the strained water again and drink it.
Dandelion usage for constipation is very effective. It is mild laxative in nature which makes it useful in constipation treatment.
- Take 2 tea spoons of dandelion leaves.
- Boil water.
- Put the leaves in cup, pour warm water in it and leave for few minutes so leaves components get dissolved in water.
- Take this water thrice a day to get relieve from constipation.
Fruits and vegetables
Papaya is best fruit to treat constipation. It is rich with fibers which make digestion process easy and defecation become painless.
Pears have been used to treat constipation from many years. The reason of its usage is the presence of the fiber which makes digestive system active and give relieve from constipation.
Not only fresh fruits are usable in treating constipation but also dried foods are good source for its treatment. Dried fruit such as walnut, apricot, prune, almond etc are best in terms of curing constipation.
Spinach is not only convenient for treating acute constipation but also cures chronic constipation. Whether eating raw or cooked or even in juice form, it works effectively.
Cabbage is also a fiber filled vegetable which fulfills the requirement of fibers in body and makes defecation easy. It functions as laxative, which makes it effective against constipation.
[dropshadowbox align="none" effect="horizontal-curve-bottom" width="" height="" background_color="#ffffff" border_width="1" border_color="#dddddd" ]
Causes of Constipation
It is commonly said that “constipation is the mother of all disease”. Some people face this issue temporarily while other develops this problem chronically. Things that lead to constipation are as follow:
- Lack of healthy diet
- Less usage of water
- No healthy activities
- Avoiding bowel movement
- Certain changes in surroundings like travelling etc
- Changes in daily habits or lifestyle
- Laxatives excessive usage
- Loss f appetite
- Depression or stress
- Particular diseases related to bowel movement